Okay, so, we’ve missed a couple weeks. This week, in honor of the return of the radish to weekly shares, we’re posting a recipe featuring those little gems.
Radishes with Chive Butter
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Tabasco to taste
- 18 radishes (about 2 bunches), the leaves trimmed, leaving 1 inch of the stem, and the radishes halved lengthwise
- 36 fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves for garnish
In a small bowl with a fork combine well the butter, the cream cheese, the chives, the zest, the Tabasco, and salt to taste and transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a medium-sized open-star tip. Arrange the radishes, cut sides up, on a platter, put a parsley leaf on each radish half, and pipe the chive butter onto it.