1-2 lbs baby potatoes, cubed
1 bunch carrot (cut diagonally in chunks)
1 bunch beets, cubed (greens cut off and saved for later)
1 onion, thinly sliced
8 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup butter, melted
8 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty foil.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Place on baking dish in a single layer& cover with foil.
4. Roast in a preheated 425F oven for 45 minutes, shaking the pan a few times.
5. Remove foil& roast, uncovered, for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until veggies are tender& golden.