1 bunch radishes, diced or sliced
3-4 scallions, chopped small
1 garlic scape, chopped small
(optional) 1 or 2 carrots, diced small
2 T olive oil
2 T tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Amino
pinch of brown sugar or honey
– Toss all ingredients and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Kale Salad with Lemon and Parmesean
- 1 bunch curly kale, chopped thinly
- 1 cup pine nuts (no need to toast)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove the stems and chop it into strips by rolling the leaves into a ball and making thin slices. Cut it all once again going in the other direction so you end up with a pile of nicely chopped greens.
- In a small jar, combine the juice of one lemon and the olive oil. Put a lid on the jar and shake it vigorously.
- Add the pine nuts and cheese to the greens and toss them to combine. Add the dressing to the greens, and again, toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.