Broccoli Gratin with Crispy Kale
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped (6 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup grated fontina
- 2 cups kale chips (see previous post)
1. Heat oven to 350° F. In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk the butter and flour until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk until combined.
2. Add the broccoli and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
3. Stir in the fontina and transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with the kale chips and bake until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
Top this creamy side dish with homemade French fried onions, bread crumbs or even crushed potato chips.
adapted from : http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/broccoli-gratin-crispy-onions-00100000064462/