Hard to believe, but it’s already week 19 of our 20 “Summer CSA” season. The following recipe is in honor of the fantastic fare at last weekend’s Farm 2 Table dinner with Bert & Ernie’s.
Baked Squash Fries
- 1 butternut or “Sunshine” squash (about 4 cups)
- sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425°.
- Peel the squash. (optional)
- Cut the butternut squash in half and de-seed it like you would a cantaloupe.
- Cut it up into french fry shapes. Try to make the pieces similar in size so that they finish cooking at the same time.
- Place on a cookie sheet/roasting stone sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover lightly with sea salt (regular salt works, too, but I prefer sea salt).
- Place tray in your pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes or so, flipping halfway through baking process.
- Fries are done when they are starting to brown on the edges and get crispy.
- Serve with ketchup, or however else you enjoy fries or sweet potato fries!